There's one photo on my parents' fridge that is always a conversation starter. Friends and family constantly ask, "who is that boy next to Rich?".
Occasionally, someone will say that they didn't know my parents had a son, and, whatever happened to him? (they usually dance around asking this, in fear that the mystery son has been disowned and/or deceased).
My mom usually takes a minute to laugh and collect herself, and proceeds to tell them that it is actually me, her DAUGHTER, Christina.
In the photo (circa 1995), I am adorned in the popular jock boys' gear of the time: an oversized Patriots Starter jacket, stonewashed jeans and some duck boots. To complete the look, my hair is tucked behind a wildly 90's paint-splashed cap.
For those who don't know my past, it's hard for them to believe how much of a Tomboy I was. I may look (and act...most of the time) like a lady now, but come football season I am more likely to be talking about Brady's completions than my recent trip to the mall. Sure, I still wear Patriots gear...in fact, I have too much Patriots gear...but it's cute, fitted Victoria's Secret Pink or Nike FEMALE gear.
Although I spend most of my free time with girlfriends, shopping, getting manicures, etc., my "other" side comes out often, especially in the Fall (and it's amplified on Sundays).
I grew up with the Patriots. I have been going to the games with my Dad since I can remember. And trust me, I am no fair weathered fan (don't you dare call me a pink hat). I have sat in the bleachers at Foxboro Stadium in 10 degree weather (not complaining!) when they were a losing team. Granted, I have not had to deal with that recently, but a losing record does not change my love for the team.
Right now, I am hoping to use this blog as an outlet to share my love for the Patriots. I'm not going to crunch stats and perform a complete analysis of the offensive line in every post, because that is not my intention. I want to make this blog readable, fun, and hopefully appeal to the other Patriot-ettes out there. Guys, please feel free to read along too.
I look forward to the 2013-2014 NFL season! Monday, I will be going to the season ticket holders' practice (photos and post to follow). For now, please enjoy the photo I was talking about earlier...
Until next time,
Christina
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment