Hi there!
My apologies for the lack of posting. My college professors are probably shaking their heads- I know I broke rule #1 of blogging 101 by not keeping this current). Promise to make it up to you all during the season.
Plus...how could I concentrate when it was SHARK WEEK?
Enough said, am I right?
Anyway, I went to the Patriots season ticket holder practice and the Tedy Bruschi/Gil Santos Patriots Hall of Fame induction on July 29th. It was great to see these Patriots legends get honored in front of peers and fans alike. Tedy is hilarious by the way- I can see why he is an NFL Analyst. Not only does he have the experience, he is a great speaker.
After the induction, the Patriots held a practice in the stadium. Here are some of my observations:
1. QB Strength- Between Brady, Mallett and Tebow, the Patriots have depth at the position. Mallett and Tebow are learning from Brady- one of the best QB's ever. By the way, Tebow will not play tight end or any other position.
2. Offense could be shaky- notice how I italicize could be. Amendola has some big shoes to fill, and hopefully Edelman/Gronkowski can recover.
3. Defense will once again be strong- with Wilfork, Talib, Mayo, Ninkovich...absolutely.
In summary, this team is going to be good again. Haters can hate all they want but I honestly believe that this team is going to STEP IT UP a la the 01-02 Superbowl team.
Some photos from the practice:
Side note to my Patriot-ettes:
An employee at the gate gave me a heads up that the purse policy is going to drastically change this year. Ladies: If you're bringing in items, they must be in a plastic bag (airport style). The Patriots have always limited the size of the bag you bring in, but this year purses may not be allowed. Period. Please check the Pats website before heading to the game! Nothing worse than waiting in that line only to have to walk a mile back to your car to put your purse away.
xo,
Christina

No comments:
Post a Comment